- This event has passed.
‘Mica Gems’ Polymer Clay Workshop
12 February @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
In this exciting, full day workshop, Dani will show you her secrets to creating a perfect mica shift from polymer clay.
Students will also learn how to create polymer clay ‘gems’ and how to make their own silicone moulds.
Once the components have been made, Dani will show students how to quickly and effectively finish off their polymer components before assembling them into jewellery pieces (primarily earrings), if desired.
There are a many different techniques that will be covered in this workshop including (but not limited to);
– Understanding what Polymer Clay Mica Shift is and how to get the best possible effect;
– How to make moulds from original pieces;
– How to work with polymer clay – what is the best clay for this technique, why, how to store the clay plus lots more;
– How to effectively cut shapes from polymer clay;
– How to use powders etc. with polymer clay;
– All about baking/curing polymer clay to achieve maximum strength;
– How to finish polymer clay (and mica shift in particular) quickly and effectively using sanding/buffing techniques and also varnish;
– How to drill your polymer pieces to prepare them for jewellery constructing;
– How to construct your jewellery pieces (including what glues to use where applicable).
– Lots more!!