- This event has passed.
‘Galactic Mokume’ Polymer Clay Workshop
22 May 2021 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Learn how to make these ‘galactic’ looking polymer clay beads using a twist on mokume gane techniques.
Dani will show students how to create several different looks, focusing primarily on beads but will also demonstrate veneers with this technique.
Students will learn how to
- Effectively and efficiently condition polymer clay;
- Colour mixing;
- Which polymer works best for this technique;
- How to use leafing and the difference between leafing and foil;
- How to create the mokume ‘stack’;
- Effective slicing and which tools work best for this;
- Creating beads and pendant components (including making base layers and base beads);
- Basic finishing techniques.
- Plus there will be ample time for students to ask questions.