This ‘Mica Gems’ tutorial shows you how to create beautiful stud earrings using polymer clay.
In this box you’ll find a comprehensive 13 page tutorial booklet in which Dani will show you how to create her popular Mica Gem earrings. There is also a mini tutorial included on how to condition polymer clay.
Many of the techniques in this tutorial can be applied to other projects.
An extra ‘add-on’ mica gems mould is now available at a discounted price for those who have purchased a Mica Gems Tutorial Kit. This is only available for those who have purchased a kit. At this time it is not available for general public purchase and will be refunded if purchased without the purchase of a kit.
Thank you for your understanding and please contact us with any queries.
This project/kit is for students of all skill levels.
What’s in the Box?
- Step by Step Instruction Guide
- Polymer Clay (Sculpey Premo) (57gm x 3 in black, white and pearl. If you would like some different colours please let us know during checkout and we can organise this)
- Tool to create ‘gems’
- A Selection of Powders & Lusters (8 different colours – these may vary from those shown)
- 316 Surgical Stainless Steel Earring Posts & Backs (50 pairs of each)
- Varnish (& small container to pour some out into)
There are enough supplies in this kit to create around 30 pairs of stud earrings depending on the size. You may get more and we’ve included enough studs for 50 pairs.
Also included in the price of this kit is lifetime access to our Facebook Makers Group – ‘Whimsical Makers’ – and email support from us if you get stuck with anything or just need some advice.
What You Will Need (NOT Included in the Box):
Please note, the materials listed as ‘Optional’ really are optional. You can create this project without the items marked as ‘Optional’.
- Tissue Blade (I recommend ‘Thomas Scientific Medical Blades’)
- Acrylic Roller/Rod (optional)
- Pasta Machine (optional)
- Oven Thermometer (highly recommended!)
- Oven (you can use your home oven if desired)
- Baby Wipes (optional – for cleaning your hands)
- Piece of foam or similar (optional but again highly recommended)
** Please note, colours shown are not necessarily the colours you will receive in your box although we have tried to include a good colour selection.
If you have any questions or concerns please get in touch.
I ask that you please read and follow our copyright policy as set out in the tutorial booklet included in this kit.
This Tutorial is to be used for personal use by the purchaser only. It is not to be distributed, shared, reproduced or used as a teaching tool in any way without express written permission of The Whimsical Bead.
I ask that you please respect this is my source of income. It is my livelihood. Many years of hard work, passion and soul go into not only my research and experiments but also my workshops and tutorials.