Learn how to create beautiful botanical/nature inspired patterns on polymer clay with Leanne’s ‘Inky Jewellery’ tutorial.
In this box you’ll find a comprehensive tutorial booklet in which Leanne and Dani will show you how to create Leanne’s Inky Jewellery polymer clay pieces. You will also receive a lesson in achieving Leanne’s signature resin finish.
Plus you will learn how to bake/cure your pieces, effectively finish them and make them into jewellery (or leave them as cabochons if you prefer!)
The box also contains all the materials you need to create some gorgeous inky pieces and also some of the tools (for a full list of what you will need see below).
** PLEASE LET US KNOW WHICH ALCOHOL INK COLOURS YOU WOULD LIKE DURING CHECKOUT (3 are included in the kit).
This project/kit is for students of all skill levels but some experience with polymer clay would be helpful.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any concerns.
What’s in the Box?
- Step by Step Instruction Guide to create ‘Inky Jewellery’ from Polymer Clay
- Step by Step Instruction and Safety Guide for using Lisa Pavelka’s UV Resin
- Premo Polymer Clay in White (4 x 57gm blocks or 1 x 227gm block)
- Alcohol Inks (3 colours – your choice – please let us know during checkout which colours you’d like)
- Lisa Pavelka’s Magic Glos
- 99% Isopropyl Alcohol & Spritzer
- Small Paintbrush
- Baking Paper
- Filtered Face Mask
- Nitrile Gloves
- Ceramic Tile
- Needle Tools x 2
- Loctite Gel Glue
- Jewellery Findings Pack
Also included in the price of this kit is access to our Facebook Makers Group – ‘Whimsical Makers’ – and email support from us if you get stuck with anything or just need some advice.
What You Will Need (NOT Included in the Box but most are available in store if needed):
Most of the items listed below are classed as ‘Basic Tools’ for polymer clay makers. If you are just starting out, you may wish to purchase one of our Polymer Clay Tools Kits.
Please note, the materials listed as ‘Optional’ really are optional. You can create this project without the items marked as ‘Optional’.
- Work Surface (non porous)
- Tissue Blade
- Acrylic Roller/Rod
- Pasta Machine (optional but does make things MUCH easier)
- Acrylic Block (Optional)
- Botanicals (from your garden)
- Shape Cutters (we decided to not put these in this kit to try and keep the costs down a little)
- Sandpaper for Design (optional)
- Tweezers (Optional)
- Needle Tool (Optional)
- Permanent Marker (optional)
- Old Cloth
- Paper Towel
- Oven Thermometer (highly recommended!)
- Oven (you can use your home oven if desired)
- Drill with 1.5mm or 2mm drill bit (you can use a hand drill or rotary tool such as a Dremel)
- Pliers (2 pairs of chain nose pliers, round nose pliers) Optional but necessary if you wish to make jewellery later on
- UV Light/Lamp
- Micro Torch
If you have any questions or concerns please get in touch.
I ask that you please read and follow our copyright policy as set out in the tutorial booklet included in this kit.
This Tutorial is to be used for personal use by the purchaser only. It is not to be distributed, shared, reproduced or used as a teaching tool in any way without express written permission of The Whimsical Bead.
I ask that you please respect this is our source of income. It is our livelihood. Many years of hard work, passion and soul go into not only my research and experiments but also my workshops and tutorials.