Back in June of 2019 Dani was asked by Staedtler to be one of the first in Australia to have a play with FIMO Leather Effect (and later do some samples and demonstrations for them also). She, of course, said ‘Yes!’ as she was curious to see what the international buzz was surrounding this clay and was keen to put it through its paces to see what it was capable of.
It is an interesting clay, not like traditional polymer clay and you can create some great projects that can be used across a variety of different applications – scrapbooking, jewellery making, homewares plus lots more. It’s also great for kids to use!
In this box you’ll find a comprehensive 13 page tutorial booklet in which Dani will not only show you how to create these cute little keyring/bag tags, but there are also several pages of information relating to generally working with FIMO Leather Effect and what can be created with it. There are lots of photos for future inspiration too.
This project/kit is for students of all skill levels and is catered specifically to beginners.
What’s in the Box?
- Step by Step Instruction Guide to create FIMO Leather Effect Tassel Keyrings, plus Dani’s experiences on working with FIMO Leather Effect
- 3 x 57gm FIMO Leather Effect blocks
- 3 x Keyring Findings
- 3 x Bead Caps
- Pre-baked FIMO Leather Effect punched shapes
- Jewellery findings (jumprings, headpins)
There are enough supplies in this kit to create 3 tassel keyrings plus you’ll likely have some clay left over for future projects.
Also included in the price of this kit is lifetime access to our Facebook Makers Group – ‘Whimsical Makers’ – and email support from us if you get stuck with anything or just need some advice.
What You Will Need (NOT Included in the Box):
Please note, the materials listed as ‘Optional’ really are optional. You can create this project without the items marked as ‘Optional’.
- Craft Knife or Tissue Blade
- Acrylic Roller or Pasta Machine (I use an Atlas 150 which is what this tutorial is based on)
- Oven Thermometer (highly recommended!)
- Oven (you can use your home oven if desired)
- Baking Paper
- Aluminium Foil (Optional)
- Sharp Scissors
- Baby Wipes (optional – for cleaning your hands)
- Jewellery Pliers x 2 (chain nose, flat nose or combination of both – your choice!)
- Cutters (Optional)
- Round Nose Pliers (Optional)
- Needle Tool / Skewer / Knitting Needle (Optional)
If you have any questions or concerns please get in touch.
I ask that you please read and follow our copyright policy as set out in the tutorial booklet included in this kit.
This Tutorial is to be used for personal use by the purchaser only. It is not to be distributed, shared, reproduced or used as a teaching tool in any way without express written permission of The Whimsical Bead.
I ask that you please respect this is my source of income. It is my livelihood. Many years of hard work, passion and soul go into not only my research and experiments but also my workshops and tutorials.