This ‘Dotty Earring’ tutorial delves into creating polymer clay veneers/pattern sheets using inlay techniques.
In this box you’ll find a comprehensive 19 page tutorial booklet in which Dani will show you how to effectively create seamless ‘dotty’ patterned veneers with polymer clay and also how to use these veneers to create beautiful earrings. So many techniques are included in this tutorial that can be applied to many other projects and a mini tutorial on conditioning polymer clay is also included.
This project/kit is for students of all skill levels.
What’s in the Box?
- Step by Step Instruction Guide – includes a mini tutorial on Conditioning Polymer Clay
- Polymer Clay (Sculpey Premo) (2 x 57gm black and 2 x 57gm white – please let us know if you’d like different colours)
- Kemper Mini Shape Cutters (Circle) (x 6)
- Premo Shape Cutters (set of 6) (these will be provided at random ie. circle, oval etc. Please let us know during checkout if you would like a specific set/shape)
- Jewellery Findings Pack (jumprings, nickel free ear hooks, 316 surgical stainless steel ear studs and hoops, bail, chain etc.)
- Sandpaper for Texturing
- Sandpaper for Finishing
- Lots of consumables!
There are enough supplies in this kit to create around 15 pairs of earrings and a pendant (this will of course be dependent on the size/shape of your earring focals).
Also included in the price of this kit is lifetime access to our Facebook Makers Group – ‘Whimsical Makers’ – and email support from us if you get stuck with anything or just need some advice.
What You Will Need (NOT Included in the Box):
Please note, the materials listed as ‘Optional’ really are optional. You can create this project without the items marked as ‘Optional’.
- Tissue Blade (I recommend ‘Thomas Scientific Medical Blades’)
- Needle Tool
- Acrylic Roller
- Acrylic Block (optional)
- Pasta Machine (I use an Atlas 150 which is what this tutorial is based on)
- Oven Thermometer (Optional but highly recommended!)
- Oven (you can use your home oven if desired)
- Baby Wipes (optional – for cleaning your hands)
- Jewellery Pliers x 2 (chain nose, flat nose or combination of both – your choice!)
** Note, not all shape cutters shown in the photos are included in the box/kit (although are available for purchase in store). You will receive one set (x 6) of large cutters of your choice (or selected at random if one is not chosen).
If you have any questions or concerns please get in touch.
I ask that you please read and follow our copyright policy as set out in the tutorial booklet included in this kit.
This Tutorial is to be used for personal use by the purchaser only. It is not to be distributed, shared, reproduced or used as a teaching tool in any way without express written permission of The Whimsical Bead.
I ask that you please respect this is my source of income. It is my livelihood. Many years of hard work, passion and soul go into not only my research and experiments but also my workshops and tutorials.